Click on the link below for more information:QUILT SHOW CATEGORIES REGISTRATION FORM
Friendship Knot past quilt shows
2009 quilt showCLICK HERE FOR MORE
2007 quilt showCLICK HERE FOR MORE
2005 quilt showCLICK HERE FOR MORE
1. Any FKQG member with 2012 dues paid by October 31, 2012 and with 2013 dues paid by the January 21, 2013 meeting may enter quilts that meet the specifications of the designated categories and official rule requirements.
2. The entry fee for judged quilts is $7.00. Entry fee for non-judged quilts is $5.00.
3. Registrations must be submitted/postmarked only between November 1, 2012 and January 21, 2013.
• All registrations must include a complete narrative. (A narrative is the story of the quilt and techniques used.)
• All persons who worked on the quilt and the source of the pattern MUST be credited.
• TWO (2) completed registration forms & two (2) 4x6” photos (printed clearly from a home computer is acceptable) are required for each quilt entered. Print your name & category number on the back of the photos.
• Incomplete/incorrect/illegible registrations may be declined at the registrar’s discretion.
4. All entries must have been completed subsequent to the March 2011 quilt show.
5. No cheater cloth or pre-quilted fabrics. Quilts constructed from kits MUST be identified as such in the registration narrative.
6. All quilts must consist of three layers: top, batting and backing except for crazy quilts, cathedral windows and yo-yo quilts. Tied quilts, with the exception of crazy quilts, will not be accepted.
7. All quilts must be quilted by hand, machine or both and must be finished.
8. The quilt must be constructed by the person(s) named on the registration form. If a quilt top is made by one member and is quilted by someone else, it MUST be entered into one of the collaborative categories. Quilts entered into the Emerging or Established categories must be completely made by the entrant.
9. Entries are limited to two per participant per category, up to six entries total. Only one king-size quilt may be entered per member. King-size quilts, quilts from group challenges and non-judged quilts will be hung on a space-available basis.
10. Entries must be in excellent condition: clean, quilt markings removed, undamaged, free of animal hair and odors.
11. No rigid frames, mountings or other special handling requirements may accompany quilts. Quilts must be able to be FOLDED – not rolled. Quilts that include hazardous objects will be rejected.
12. All entries must be labeled on the back of the quilt. Labels must include the name(s) of the maker, address, telephone number and quilt name. Labels must be sewn to quilt back. Preferred placement is the back bottom left corner.
13. All large categories quilts require 4” sleeve sewn across the full width of the quilt back, just below the top binding.
14. The insurance company requires the value of each entry to be indicated on the registration form for payment in the event of loss or damage. All quilts will be valued at $200 unless accompanied by a certified appraisal form and an additional picture. (If the participant requires additional insurance above the standard amount covered for each quilt, he/she must pay for the additional insurance.)
15. If the participant wishes to sell his/her quilts, a statement of sale can be incorporated in the narrative ONLY. It will not be listed for sale in the program. The quilt must be displayed for the entire show. The quilter accepts personal responsibility for securing any necessary copyright permissions and/or payment of personal income tax liabilities related to the sale of quilt(s). A commission of 20% of the sale price to the guild is a customary amount.
16. The Show, Registration and Judging chairpersons reserve the right to accept, reject, reclassify, or otherwise limit entries with regard to the above rules, available hanging space at the show venue and unforeseen variables.
Mailed Forms: Postmarked no earlier than November 1, 2012 and no later than January 21, 2013 Deadline for hand delivery is the Jan. 21, 2013 at the FKQG guild meeting. Mail To: Tena Davis, 5655 Bent Oak Drive, Sarasota, FL 34232